Hi. I’m Shannon. Welcome to my life. Like most people, I find it very difficult to talk about myself. Don’t get me wrong-I have a lot to say. However, it is usually about others. I’m the girl next door and the chick down the street all rolled into one!
I’m from a really small town and I used to dream that once I grew up, I would move to the big city. You guessed it…I’m still here. Problem is, I’m still working on growing up. I’m somewhat of an “acquired taste” but once people get to know me, they really like me (most of the time).
At 35 years old, I’m still trying to figure out who I am and who I want to be. I’ve put together a list of random things about myself for your reading pleasure. Tune in regularly, as they may change. Once I discover something new about myself, I’ll be sure to add it to my list. Thanks for stopping by!
- I ask a lot of questions.
- I’m a great listener (if you have something interesting to talk about).
- I am full of useless information. I kick butt at Jeopardy.
- I’m addicted to self-help books. I’ve never read one about addictions, though…
- Spelling errors drive me nuts. (if you see one in my blog, please tell me!)
- I am a mother. This is my greatest accomplishment.
- I love horror movies-even the really stupid ones.
- I buy things on sale, just because they are on sale.
- I am horribly intolerant of stupidity.
- I have a great sense of humor, although dry, I think it’s great…
- I’m brutally honesty. I have no filter. I’m the person you can come to if you want the REAL TRUTH (and yes, you look fat in those jeans)
- I’m always on a diet. ALWAYS.
- I am not opportunistic. I work hard for everything I have and encourage those around me to do the same.
- I don’t know how to use my “inside voice”.
- I have ADD and yes, I take medication for it.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I hate coffee, but I love Starbucks.
- I love being in love.
- If you call me on Thursday night, I won’t answer the phone!
- I won’t tell a lie. My mother beat me senseless for lying when I was younger. I learned my lesson.
- I sing out-loud. Did I mention I am a horrible singer?
- I eat too fast (and too much!)
- I have an opinion about everything.
- I’m a self proclaimed dork.
- I like stupid things.
- I love to laugh. I’m capable of laughing at myself.
- I couldn’t care less what people think of me.
- I don’t mind wearing my glasses. People think I look smart.
- I have very few friends (by choice).
- I’m a simple girl who likes expensive things.
- I love making lists.
TO BE CONTINUED…